Saturday, March 21, 2009

I only ever write blogs when I am procrastinating...


...and today is no exception. I've got to get some notes hammered out for tomorrow morning, but instead I'm updating this thing.

I leave to go to the States next Thursday. I'm actually looking forward to it a bunch. My circle of friends is growing smaller and smaller, due to people moving away and also to my inability to keep in touch with people, but I still think it's going to be great to spend some time in Fallbrook. My family has been meaning more and more to me lately. On Christmas I phoned my mom 4 times I think. And I really am coming to respect my parents a lot in the past years. Having a three year old who is growing up without his grandma and grandpa around makes me think about them a lot. They really love Eoin so much and I am sorry that they don't get to see more of each other. So I'm looking forward to that.

I'm also looking forward to just going to church. I am definitely preaching one Sunday at CC Fallbrook, but apart from that I don't have anything else booked. Now, likely I'll end up preaching much more than once the whole time I'm there, but I know that for at least Easter Sunday and probably Palm Sunday I'm not going to be teaching, which means that I'll get to wake up, get dressed, get everyone ready and then just drive to church. I don't have to set up chairs or make sure the powerpoint is working right, don't have to coordinate anything with the worship team, don't have to make sure tea and coffee is set up, don't need to prepare the communion stuff, don't need to worry about the sermon... I'll just get to show up and attend church. I'll get to meet people and sing with people and enjoy sitting under the teaching of God's word. I very rarely get to just attend church and I'm really looking forward to it.

Rachel is gonna get one of her tattoos coloured in, and that's cool. I might get something done while I'm over there, I've got some ideas that I've been kicking around, but now that Clay has his gun I might just let him zap me.

I'm gonna buy some new shoes and eat tons of mexican food. I might even buy myself a pair of reading glasses. I'm gonna drink tons of cream soda and maybe even catch a hardcore show for old time's sake. But mostly I'm lookin forward to sittin on my parents front porch and watch eoin run around and play with the dogs and spending time with my family. The family that I was so ungrateful for for so many years. I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike - have a great time with your family back in So Cal! Please enjoy the great weather too for us.

nic lazz said...

do you want to go to facedown fest with us? could be a rockin good time. and totally immature!